Any home or building that is not connected to a community sewer system needs a method for getting rid of human waste.  All buildings with indoor plumbing must have a sewerage system in compliance with the BC Sewerage System Regulation. Some buildings, usually in rural settings with no running water, may use an outhouse or privy.
Sewerage systems must be installed by an Authorized Person, and records must be filed with Interior Health.
Interior Health can answer any questions, and the web page that outlines the process is found here: